No enrollment? No attendance.
According to IUPUI policy, once the 100 percent refund period ends, all students who are regularly attending a class must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be officially enrolled in the class
- Be attending the class based on a formal arrangement with the instructor to replace an Incomplete
- Be enrolled as an auditor
Replacing an Incomplete
If a student is making up a prior term’s Incomplete, they should not officially enroll in the class. They can be added to the learning management system roster to track their coursework and grades along with other students in the class.
Auditing a course
If a student is auditing a course, they are required to follow course attendance and work expectations of the instructor.
One-time class visitors may be allowed only on an exception basis with prior permission of the instructor.
Individual academic units may have stricter attendance policies based on the types of instruction occurring within the unit.
Note that this policy does not apply to:
- Individuals who provide assistance to a student with a documented disability, such as Adaptive Educational Services sign language interpreters
- Individuals who are involved in the course in an instructional role
- Administrative personnel
(Adopted by APPC 10/3/2014)Find more academic policies