Get access to university systems and applications

Whether you are an instructor, department chair, dean, advisor, recorder, or administrative staff member, you will need to use a number of university systems and applications—many of which provide access to sensitive institutional data such as student records—to carry out the responsibilities of your position. Before you can request access to a system or application, you must:

  1. Complete the Acceptable Use Agreement for Access to Technology and Information Resources. (Usually this is done when you create your IU computing account.)
  2. Complete the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) tutorial.

Each unit has a designated access coordinator who can help employees request access to and get training on the systems and applications necessary to perform their job functions.